Before I jump into this post, allow me to offer an insight into my daily life. I love food. All foods. I think about food first thing in the morning, all through out the day and at night when I map out my foods for the next day. I have been trying to eat better lately, so I find that planning is critical for success.
So, have you heard of NatureBox? It is a subscription service for snacks! Actual healthy snacks! They are offering a promotion right now to get a sampler box, all you pay for is shipping. So, why not right! Here is what my sample snack box came with:
- Parmesan Garlic Pop Pops (single serving)
- Cranberry Medley (single serving)
- Jalapeno Cashews (single serving)
- Garden Tomato Crunchies (single serving)
- Cranberry Almond Bites (full size)
After the sampler box, the monthly cost is $19.95 per month. There are options for bigger or smaller boxes, which vary by price. The $19.95 box comes with five bags of snacks that have 3-5 servings per bag. You get to add the ones you want to your “pantry” on their website and if you don’t they will surprise you with random stuff. Below are the snacks I got in my most recent box.
- Honey Macadamia Pretzel Pops- 4.5 servings in a bag at 130 calories each serving. First impression…CRUNCH. The mixture of salt and sweet is alive with every bite. I might be biased with macadamia nuts, living in Hawaii and all, but these are a really nice snack. Overall rating: 3 out of 5.
- Coconut Cashews – 4 servings in a bag at 150 calories each serving. These are so sweet. SO SWEET. There is an unavoidable coconut flavor showering the richness of cashews. Overall rating: 4 out of 5.
- Guacamole Bites- 5 servings in a bag at 140 calories each serving. If you like guacamole, you MUST try these! These taste exactly like the real thing, even with the kick of lime. How to they do it? Wizards? Overall rating: 5 out of 5.
- Parmesan Garlic Pop Pops- 4 servings in a bag at 170 calories each serving. Figures the snack with the highest calorie count would be my all time favorite from NatureBox! These have such a savory flavor they will satisfy any craving. Overall rating: 5 out of 5.
- Honey Crunch Crisps – 5 servings in a bag at 160 calories each serving. These really are crunchy! When I opened the bag and smelled the contents, these did not seem appealing. Then I looked at the description and read it out loud, “honey coated sesame chips.” OK… I took a bite. The mixture of these to flavors just seemed a bit forced. I love each favor independently, but together it didn’t work for me. This partnership had me questioning if I liked it with every bite. Overall rating: 2 out of 5.
So… is it worth it? The thing to remember that this is FOOD. Good, healthy, giving you life food. And everything really did taste good! Think about it, $19.95 divided by five is $3.99 per bag of full-size snackage. This price is right and the contents taste good!
Would you use a service like this? If you have already, what are your favorites? Comment below so we can all try some good noms!
Until next time, plant nothing but love.